REACH regulation - Information on leaded products
Lead (Pb) as a metal entered the REACH Candidate List in June 2018
On the 27th of June, the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) included Pb in the Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) within its Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals regulation (REACH).
The inclusion of Pb in the Candidate List requires obligations for suppliers in the communication of lead containing products: you will find this information below.
Articles impacted by the inclusion in the SVHC Candidate List
- Lebronze alloys products (semi-finished products like rods, strips and wires, and components such as forged, cast and/or machined parts) are classified as articles under the REACH rules.
- Therefore, as per REACH article 33, we inform you that some of our products contain ≥ 0.1% of lead (by weight above): you will find here the detailed list of our lead containing products
- Under REACH, articles are not subject to the publication of safety data sheets as per article 31. However, to ensure the safe use of lead containing products, you can find more information on Echa European Chemicals Agency page.
Please contact us for more details.
Lebronze alloys (LBA) is committed to developing high-performance solutions with less lead content as well as other harmful designated metals such as beryllium and cobalt
- LBA group develops a wide range of alloys that represent sustainable and ethical solutions for its customers.
- Our metallurgical expertise enables us to offer lead free solutions with high mechanical, electrical and tribological properties. Performances are equivalent or better than those of conventional leaded alloys.
- As for high volume machinable brass, LBA is aware of the technical and economic challenges of the transition towards lead-free alloys: we focus on developing cost-effective solutions, whilst maintaining a high level of machinability.
- Our wide experience in forging, stamping and machining enables us to advise our customers on their component finishing operations, engaging with LBA’s experience in this field will enable a seamless transition and open-up additional opportunities.
Examples of LBA substitutes for lead containing alloys:
- Our substitutes for leaded brass:
- EnviB ECO (CuZn21Si3P, max 900 ppm lead, machinability >80%) ; EnviB 1 (CuZn40, max 90 ppm lead) ; EnviB 10 (CuZn40, max 1000 ppm lead) ; EnviB 58 (CuZn42, max 1000 ppm lead) ; and EnviB 158 (CuZn42, max 90 ppm lead)
- Our substitutes for leaded Nickel Silver:
- Arcap AP1C ; NICLAL 180 ; and NICLAL 120
- Lebronze alloys produces more than 4,000 tons per year of unleaded brass, and more than 4,000 tons per year of other unleaded copper alloys; feel free to consult us for all your needs.
Your customer service representative is at your disposal to discuss the best solutions for you.
With our best regards, and wishing you a joyful holiday season,
Lebronze alloys group