New 40,000 kgm drop-hammer in Custines
Lebronze alloys increases its closed-die forging & heayy stamping offer
This production line can forge large parts weighing up to 900kg, in special steels, stainless steels, aluminum, copper-based and nickel-based alloys, as well as titanium.
Within the Custines factory, the new hammer benefits from a fully integrated process combined with a large set of high-performance facilities.
Any complex forgings need ? Contact us !
A unique set of capacities in Europe:
- A preparation press of 2,500 t with large dimensions (hot extrusion of preforms),
- Several kinds of furnaces to heat steels, aluminum, copper and nickel alloys and titanium at aerospace quality levels,
- Tooling design and manufacturing onsite,
- Internal capacities of machining, thermal treatments and finishing,
- Non Destructive Testing: ultrasonic testing ; penetrant testing ; 3D dimensional control ; magnetoscopy ; electrical conductivity testing
Examples of products per markets:
- Energy and electricity: forged parts for wind turbines, pumps and valves for nuclear energy, etc.
- Offshore and onshore oil & gas: large valve bodies, large pumps, flanges, etc.
- Construction equipment, cranes, mining, trucks and off-highway: transmission and large pivot shafts, crane parts, spindles, etc
- Railway: brake discs, hubs, structural parts, etc
- Defense, naval and marine.
The new 40,000 kgm (400 kJ) double acting drop-hammer will complement to the existing forging capabilities in Custines: another hammer of 16,000 kgm, open-die forging, screw press of 2,500 t, Maxi-Press of 2,500 t. The Custines factory is ISO 9001 and EN 9100 certified.